It is possible to go to our nearest village of Lombez by foot from Château de Barbet. It is situated on the D626 in the valley of Save. The Romans called Lombez, Lumbarium and it can pride itself on some historical facts. The holy Majan decided to build a chapel here in the sixth century and in the ninth century the Benedictines of the Saint Thibéry built an abbey and a convent in Lombez. Pope Johannus the XXII elevated Lombez into a diocese in 1317. A friend of the bishop was the Italian poet Francesco Petrarca and he stayed in Lombez in the summer of 1330. The French name is Pétrarque (which is the name of our restaurant). There is a permanent exhibition in the town hall of Lombez.
villa location: availability and bookingClick here
News of the Gers